Water Hygiene Training Courses
The latest ACoP L8 guidance places increased emphasis on the ability and confidence of everyone involved in managing the risk posed by legionellosis.
To meet this demand Dantek offer training of on-site staff so they are fully aware of the risks associated with Legionella. Through understanding the risk, the responsibility of monitoring tasks can be appreciated.
Courses aimed at:
- Management staff
- On-site operatives
About the Course:
The course is designed to give site staff a practical understanding of Legionnaires’ disease, and provide delegates with the confidence, understanding and knowledge to manage their sites effectively in regard to Legionella control.
To provide an understanding of the risks associated with Legionnaires’ disease, and explanation of the legislation in place to prevent and control the disease.
Each delegate receives:
- A copy of 'Legionnaires' disease - The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems ACOP and Guidance’
- A copy of 'Employers guide to Legionella'
- Multiple choice test
- Course handbook
- Background to the disease and organisms
- Legislation – Health and Safety Law
- What creates a risk?
- Identification and risk assessment
- Prevention and control - Record keeping / log book
- Who is responsible?
- Cooling systems
- Hot and Cold Water Services
- Carrying out monitoring tasks