Legionella Risk Assessment
A Legionella risk assessment is the first step towards compliance with the Health and Safety Executives Legionella approved code of practice and guidance document, ACoP L8.
Whilst the guidelines are not law they are enforceable under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the COSHH Regulations (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health).
Dantek have a vast wealth of experience in undertaking and completing legionella risk assessment at all types of properties throughout the Uk. We have particular expertise in the education sector, health care, housing and commercial properties.
We believe in a common sense approach to Legionella control and always risk assess from first principle. By choosing Dantek as your legionella control service provider you can take comfort in our approach of education to ensure true understanding of where the risks lie and the best course of action to take to reduce the risk of legionella bacteria in your system.
- A survey carried out by a City and Guilds qualified risk assessor with many years experience of carrying out legionella risk assessments.
- The Legionella risk assessment survey will include a full asset register outlining exactly which systems on-site fall within these guidelines.
- It will outline the current condition of the water systems and whether the water storage is hygienic and compliant with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.
- It will check whether water temperatures are satisfactory for the control of Legionella bacteria.
- Digital photographs of assets with a risk score
- AutoCAD schematic drawings of water systems.
- The legionella risk assessment will define any remedial actions required to achieve compliance with the ACOPL8 guidance.
- The legionella risk assessment provides a schedule for on-going monitoring.
- You will be provided with a clear understanding of how the ACOP l8 guidelines relate directly to your site and will have proof to show external agencies that you are taking the correct course of action.
- The ability to generate a legionella log book instantly from the risk assessment report.
- The ability to automatically upload asset data into the cloud-based electronic log book.
If you would like to view a sample legionella risk assessment and have one of our team take you through it please contact us to book in a meeting.
What does a legionella risk assessment cost?
A legionella risk assessment cost will depend on the complexity of the water systems on site. For a property with a standard domestic hot and cold system with a cold water storage tank, calorifier, showers and outlets the survey and prodiction of the report can be completed in a day so could range from £320. The cost can be reduced for multi site customers and even further for systems with low risk systems such as point of use water heaters only.
For a quote calculated specifically for your site, the best thing to do is get in touch so a quote can be prepared specifically for your site and requirements.