This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Water Hygiene Technician who is looking to progress within an expert team of water treatment professionals. We offer continued technical training, overtime and most importantly a good work-life balance.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience of in water tank and system cleaning and disinfection, temperature monitoring, showerhead cleaning, sampling, BS8558 flushing and water softener service.
In return, you will receive excellent training and the opportunity to develop your career with a company that values technical expertise and practical skills.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
· 2 years + experience in Water Hygiene / Legionella control industry
· In-depth understanding of the ACoP L8 and HSG274
· Enjoy physical work, lifting and carrying
· GCSE Maths and English grade C and above
· Excellent record keeping and attention to detail
· Full current UK driving Licence
· Based in or around Bristol
Day to day the role includes:
- Coldwater storage tank cleaning and disinfection
- Temperature Monitoring
- Showerhead cleaning and disinfection
- Tank inspections
- Taking water samples
- Calorifier inspections
- TMV servicing
- BS8558 disinfection
- Water softener service
It also includes the following more general tasks:
- Preparing and completing job sheets and procedure logs
- Being responsible for tools and equipment including PPE
- Driving to customer sites (circa 25,000 business miles per annum)
- Completing on-site logbooks
- Maintaining a professional and tidy appearance, both personally and with equipment and van
· Competitive salary depending on experience
· 28 days holiday per annum including bank holidays, accruing one extra day per year from date of second anniversary to a maximum of 33 days.
· Profit related pay bonus scheme
· Sabbatical scheme
· Generous weekend and working away overtime payments
· Sick pay
· Private use of company vehicle (Van)
· Full technical training and on-going career progression
Hours – Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
Location – Working at our customer sites, we are looking for people who are flexible and adaptable as the location will change each day. There are also occasions when you will be required to stay away overnight for which overtime is paid.
You will be managed by our fantastic operations team based at our offices in Thornbury.
Dantek is a Thornbury based Water Treatment service company that has built up an enviable reputation since 2003.
Our aim is to ensure our customers comply with the ACOP L8 and HSG274 while managing the water on their sites in the most efficient, safe and cost-effective way possible to reduce the risk of legionella bacteria causing an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease.
You will be working with a company that believes Legionnaires’ disease is essentially man-made and completely preventable, and people should not be put at risk of contracting this potentially fatal form of pneumonia.
You will have the comfort in knowing the services offered are based on the decades of knowledge held in the company under the steady leadership of Dan Collins (MD) and Martin Kingdon (Technical Director) who are two of the best Legionella professionals in the UK.
You will be part of an excellent, dedicated team of fully trained Water Hygiene Technicians, Legionella Risk Assessors, and plumbers with the support of our capable and experienced office-based team.
Do get in touch to find out more about the role by emailing email@example.com to request an application form.